Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Yesterday's Adventures is Today's Memory

 Yesterday, Allen and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon together. We started the day as any other day but then he asked me if there was anything I would like to do. If there is anything I ever want to do, it is to go to buy records, visit the shops, and just stroll around in my favorite city. So I changed into a floral two piece and we were out the door.
When I go shopping for records, I almost never know what I go in for. I have even purchased two exact records, and own all of my must haves. So instead, I enjoy looking through every alphabet letter, finding great deals, and just purchasing. I ended walking out with ABBA Greatest hits for $5, Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA for $10, and the soundtrack from The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I usually end spending at least $20 for each record (new or used) so when I saw the price for ABBA and Bruce Springsteen, I knew I couldn't leave them behind. We then went walking around the little shops nearby and I picked up the cutest postcards and another adorable postcard set. The nice lady even invited me to some fun arts & craft's workshops that I will definitely be going to.

I mean how cute are these? Stationary is my absolute favorite thing to spend money on and receive as a gift. Especially now that I have two lovely pen-pals, I have to make sure my letters are just as lovely. If interest in writing letters to one another, send me an email!
Afterwards Allen took us out for lunch to one of our favorite spaghetti joints. YUM! On our way home we stopped by the mall to pick up a few things. I scored two Wes Anderson films to add to my nearly finished collection. Although I have seen (and love) Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Life Aquatic is completely new to me! Allen also spoiled himself by buying a new video game called Destiny.

And of course, if Allen and I were going to spoil ourselves...Tulip is going to get in on the goodies. We bought her new treats and toys and clothing to get her into this upcoming holiday. We still haven't decided on what she will be for Halloween, if she should match with us or do her own little thing, but as soon as the weather gets cooler, she will be sporting as mommy's little pumpkin. I am also excited to announce that we are going to put Tulip into dog training to become a licensed and certified therapy dog! She will start in two weeks, and I will keep you all posted.
Yesterday was a very fun, much needed, simple day out...and we are still enjoying it. Allen is playing his new video game, tulip is chewing on her new toys, and I am about to get started on writing out postcards. Adventures that are two-days long? Yes, please!

4 comments :

  1. I collect records too! Going hunting is one of my favorite pastimes! You found some wonderful additions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a good handful of alike things! That's really cool :)

      Delete