Monday, August 25, 2014

Vinted

I've used Vinted for two months now, and it has been one of my most favorite apps. I will more than likely mention it a lot, and I have several links to it, so I thought it would be a great idea to tell you about it! So Vinted is another app/website you can use to sell, buy, or swap your clothes. But I think Vinted is much more simple and has many features available. 

The Basics
You can either sell, buy, or connect with other Vinties. When you sell you also have the option to swap items; I have not swapped, but I have seen people write about what great deals they have made through swapping. In addition, I have not purchased anything yet (only because I am trying to make money and not fall into my old shopping addiction ways) So I will talk about what I do know...SELLING! So Vinted keeps 19% of what you make, but after selling several items I didn't even notice it and it sure beats having your items collect dust in the back of your closet. Also, the buyer pays for shipping, so all you have to worry about is posting your items up and packaging it (the FUN stuff). 
This is an example of my packaging. 
So another thing you can do, is connect with other Vinties either through messages, forums, or blogs. Many people message you for more details on your items, but occasionally you will get someone who tells you of what a great job you are doing or how awesome your closet is. The forums are very fun, entertaining and a great place to talk if you want to make friends, ask questions, vent, or just write.


The Cons
Like every good thing, there are some downfalls. Occasionally, you will get some people who will try to get you to sell your items for a lot less, but thats everywhere and you can always refuse. 
I've never been scammed, but I can only assume it has happened. Something I suggest is to check out the persons reviews because it will save you from making any decisions you are thinking about doing and to see who you are doing business with. Also the mods are extremely helpful and take scamming, bullying, and unfriendly users seriously. I have messaged them four times and they have always helped out and answered all of my questions. 
Other than that, I cannot put my finger on what else is bad. 

I definitely recommend using this if your looking to sell, buy, or meet new people. I have made extra cash on clothes that have been sitting in the back of my closet or that has never been worn. Also, ever since using this, I have become smarter about shopping and saving money. If you would like to visit my closet click here or the cute little tab under my sidebar photo. 


No comments :

Post a Comment