Friday, August 22, 2014

Allen's Twenty-fun Festivities

Last week was Allen's birthday, and the celebrations continued until yesterday. Allen turned 21, or as I like to say, twenty-fun, on August 12. The previous day was my friend's birthday. So my sisters Liz and Reyna, Allen and I, and the birthday girl Angel and her lovely son Tristan went out to celebrate by having dinner. We then ended the night with some bowling fun. Happy 20th Birthday Angel!
Right after bowling at 12:00 am, my sisters wanted to be the first people to take Allen out for his first purchase of beer. I was unable to go since I am not 21 yet, but thankfully my sister was able to capture the moment for me! Funny thing, on the ride there my boyfriend realized his license expired that same day. So afterwards we all went back to my moms house to watch The Office and enjoy Allen's first purchase. 
We then had lunch at one of our favorite spaghetti joints, called Vince's, with my family. Here we shared laughs, ate delicious food, and opened gifts. I usually have a "theme" for the way I wrap Allen's gifts. Last year I went with Mickey Mouse but this year I decided to go with good ol' patriotic United States of America...with a hint of Alma. After watching the World Cup, Allen became highly into the sport and showing more interest and appreciation for our country. It actually got a little bit out of hand that I told him he cannot mention it more than 5 times a day unless he wanted to buy me Pinkberry. But for his birthday I decided to go with something I knew he loved so I went with the red, white, and blue colors using polkadots and striped to add my little touch. As for his gifts, I had a really tough time choosing what I wanted to get him. I had a lot of ideas but after living together, it's kind of like you already have everything due to sharing. And I wanted to get him something that was just for him. So after much thinking and decision making, I came up with giving him: a completely new wardrobe, books, and tons of printed socks. As well as these, which I consider my favorite gifts this year:
 "The Curious Bartender," and a personalized flask that reads: Allen Reagan, Everyone's got a little captain in 'em! While shopping at Anthro, I saw Allen's eyes light up and I knew I had to buy it. As for the flask, I used to buy him personalized gifts for every occasion and thought I bought everything I could. But one day, while playing Kings Cup at my sisters house, my brother in law said "I am going to have a flask with Captain Morgan just for you," to Allen (since he doesn't take beer in so well and Captain Morgan is he favorite alcoholic beverage), and I looked up and just knew. So I got him this flask with his First and Middle name, a quote that can be found on Captain Morgan bottles, and a little anchor because his dad used to be in the navy and I always try to incorporate his dad in anything I can.
Coincidentally, my sister and brother in law also got him a flask paired with a Captain Morgan bottle. We then went to my mom's house where my sisters gave him their gifts which included: A sash, birthday ribbon, alcohol, and a new game for games night! We ended the night by making drinks from the recipe book and cake!
The next day we celebrated part two with my godson Jayden at Disneyland. Because what is a birthday with out some Disneyland? This is the first time we were able to go on all the rides with Jayden because he now reaches the hight limit! Aside from that I bought Allen and I grape soda pins from Up! 
So after all that, yesterday we went out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Farrell's, with Allen's brother and his family. We absolutely love coming here for dates because the food, ice-cream, service, and environment is so much fun and one of a kind. It's ten times better when you are celebrating any occasion. 
Also, the day after, August 13th was my nephews birthday. Happy 6th birthday to him! Heres a picture of all three birthdays :)

1 comment :

  1. How fun! I love celebrating birthdays, especially when they come right after one another like that :) happy belated birthday to Angel, Allen and your nephew! :)

    Also, I'm so jealous you can go to Disneyland so easily!

    Xo
    Kassandra | The Desert Poppy

    ReplyDelete